Sunday, June 17, 2012

Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Gel



*NOTE: I have combination-oily-acne prone skin. I am oily in my T-zone and around the nose, dry on the side of my cheeks and around the mouth, and acne prone EVERYWHERE ;D*


So I've always wanted to try the clinique dramatically moisturizing gel because of all the good reviews on it and was always an allure product winner. My family always used the lotion form for normal to dry skins (like my mom and brother) but I always thought it was WAYYYYYY TO OILY for me. I finally decided to get it a month ago at macys. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it so I got the small tube size instead for $13+ tax.
















First Impressions:
-gel texture
-light weight on the face
-not as hydrating as I would like it to be at first because I'm used to oily moisturizers
-a little goes a long way
-tube was really small


Pros:
-kept face not oily for at most only 3-4 hours
- extremely hydrating
-only need a small pea sized amount for whole face
-does not leave a oily- greasy look
-Great for the summer




Cons:
-expensive for only 1.3 oz
-doesn't help with oil control throughout the day (still very very oily)
- may still feel a little bit dry in some areas

Claims: 
-The oil-free moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for skins comfortable in the cheeks but oily in the T-zone for oily all over. Oil-free formula softens, smooths, improves.
-Skin type - III, IV (combination-oily or oily)


Conclusion:
 I love this moisturizer so much compared to the lotion form!!! I only use it for the morning for about a month now and I've only finished about 1/4 the tube so far. So remember a little goes along way and try to squeeze out only what you need because there's no way of putting any extra back.


Previously, I've tried the Body Shop Seaweed Matifying cream which is another gel moisturizer for oily skin and I hated it because it didn't hydrate the dry spot on the cheeks and around my mouth. Also the seaweed matifying cream had a strong smell and being that I am very sensitive to smells and will get a headache from them, this was not an exception. And it was $16 for the smaller one >.< So I guess for $13, the Clinique one isn't too bad in my opinion. 
Price: $13+tax @ Macys.com (1.7OZ)
           $ 24.50 @ Macys.com (4.2 OZ) 


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Have any of you tried this moisturizer yet? What do you think about it? Please leave a comment down below and tell me what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment