Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Maybelline eye studio creme eyeshadow (neutral liasons)


I bought this on clearance a year ago and fell in love with it ever since... Back then I was always debating between this and the revlon creme shadows because the price were so similar and both of them had mixed reviews.
Left side: One swatch & Right side: One swatch blended out

First impressions:
- creamy consistency
- pigmented
- able to construct a neutral look
- creases <-- doesn't with primer
- okay staying power
- blends nicely
- can be layered

Pigmentation: Decent for the lighter peachy white shade and great for the other two even without primer. The peachy-gold shade and the brown are very opaque and not sheer at all compared to other creme shadows.


Staying Power: When worn alone they will not survive anymore than 1-2 hours and without eye shadow layered over them, they will crease and fade. BUT they can last the whole day if you prime the eyes and layer some eye shadow over it which is my favorite way of wearing them.

Conclusion:
This little palette has been a staple in my makeup.. Although, I don't use makeup very often and when I do I always find myself using these as my base eyeshadows. I usually put the light peach color in my inner 1/3 of my lid, the peachy gold on the rest 2/3 of lid, and the bronzey brown in my outer-v blending it into the peachy gold. Although, the creme eyeshadows alone create a great neutral look, I like to layer some eye shadow over them to make them stand out more.

Ratings: 4 out of 5
( I also tried the sapphire ice maybelline creme shadow trio... Didn't like it and won't use it anyway because the blue and the greys are more shimmery than pigmented and they go on very sheer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment