Sunday, February 12, 2012

Badger SPF 30+ Lightly Scented Sunscreen

Recently, my dad had run out of his Shiseido sunscreen.  Shiseido has really nice sunscreens (but they all contain prabens!!)  So I’ve been looking around for a new paraben-free sunscreen for my dad.  And I discovered Badger, a company that produces organic healthy personal care products.  Their products are very affordable for an all organic produce.  So I picked up their SPF 30+ Lightly Scented Sunscreen.  I would love to try out more badger products in the future.

Badger SPF 30+ Lightly Scented Sunscreen

PRICE: $16.00/2.9 oz. Tube on badgerbalm.com

INGREDIENTS:
Active Sunscreen Ingredient: Non-Nano, Uncoated Zinc Oxide 18.75%
Inactive Sunscreen Ingredients: *Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Essential Oil of *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), and CO2Extract of *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn).
* = Certified Organic

ORGANIC & CRUELTY FREE: YES!

SMELL:
It has an herbal lavender smell.  I actually like the fresh smell.  Some people may not like the smell, if you don’t like it, badger has an unscented sunscreen.  

TEXTURE/PERFORMANCE:

RUB RUB RUB RUB!!!!

When I squeezed it out, I noticed that there are some small beads of stuff.  So I went online and did search about it, and the company stated that their natural sunscreens may contain small beads of shea or cocoa butter.  If you look at the ingredient list, it does contain shea and cocoa butter.  

After applying it on, my face appears whiter, so I had to keep on rubbing it until the whiteness goes away.

My face felt a bit greasy and sticky after the application.  &Maybe because of its greasiness, it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturizing.  And it didn’t break me out yet which is a good thing.  

Overall, because this sunscreen is organic, I feel very safe and protected putting it on my face.  It smells good for my skin.  I really like this sunscreen except the greasiness it leaves on my skin. 

WATER RESISTANT:YES!


Clean glass of distilled water
Badger Sunscreen in water
It won't let go of my finger! ><


WHERE TO PURCHASE:

RATING:
4/5 GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment