Saturday, May 30, 2015

MEMEBOX Acne Care Box #memeacclinic & Troubled Skin Mask Set Order [REVIEW]

WOOOOOT! HANDS UP FOR MEMEBOX!!!

It gets me soooo excited when I do unboxings and I don't know what products I'm getting!! You have outdone urself once again Memebox! I swear I've never been disappointed with any of the boxes and I will continue to get moree~~~ ladidadadaaaaa 



Can we just admire the hot pink box for a minute?







4 Full-sized products and 1 sample pack




1. Lioele A.C Control Mousse Cleanser Trouble Hunter (full size- 150ml $20)

- Contains triclosan, salicylic acid, azelaic acid, and grape fruit peel
- treats and prevents breakouts while reducing redness

This is the only product out of the bunch that I have not tried yet because I already have two cleansers that I'm using right now. I don't want to open it and waste it if I won't be using it as often so I will save it for a future review! But I can already tell that it looks promising because foam and mousse cleansers are the best for acne prone skin. Also salicyclic acid treats acne and exfoliates the skin and grapefruit has brightening qualities. I look forward to using this soon. 



2. Holika Holika Skin & AC Mild Clear Toner (full size- 245ml $25)

- cooling & refreshing toner helps keep skin clear by controlling sebum and removing dead skin cells
- formulated with laurel lead extract and micro apple water to improve appearance of troubled skin.

In a previous memebox, I received the moisturizer from this same line but didn't like it because it was very heavy and sticky so I gave it to my older brother to use. This time around, I kept this toner because I was running very low on my Isa Knox Carezone Toner and the Mario Badescu Grapefruit Toner. It definitely makes my skin feel refreshed and cool, but the sebum control hasn't made a substantial difference in my skin especially since my skin has always always been a super oily mess. It's such a big bottle so I will continue to use it throughout the summer, I'm thinking of putting it in my small spray bottle and maybe use it as a refreshing mist throughout the day? That's something to consider, only if it doesn't mess with my foundation. 



3. Missha Speedy Solution Anti Trouble Patch (full size 8 pieces $5)

- effectively fight inflammation and reduce the size of even the biggest pimples
- contains tea tree oil, grape seed oil, and hyaluronic acid to help soothe, calm and clean.

If there was a product besides foundation that was god sent, it would be this wonderful invention! If you are not familiar with what these acne patches are, basically they are clear sticker that you put on your pimples! Cool right? If you've watched any kpop idols in their dorms, you will see these patches a lot because it doesn't require any extra work other than peel and stick. This box comes with 8 packs and in each pack is 12 stickers: 6 small ones and 6 big ones. The big ones cover my cysts and the small ones cover the small pimples perfectly. To date I have already used 4 packs of these because recently I've realized that clay masks and drying lotions have left my skin peeling and dried. It is recommended to apply this on clean skin (cleanse and tone) and leave them on for 8-12 hours (while sleeping/ at home). You won't even realize they're on and after peeling them off which is a bit gross. I used one on a big pimple that I popped and disinfected and I knew the pus would come back, but this patch did the job and dried it out!! WHOOOOP WHOOOP! It also works well to force the white part of the pimple to come out. Get them and try it out, they're so cheap!


4. Goodal Pore Tightening Gel Essence (full size 30ml $22.50)

- essence leaves skin moisturized long after use
- sebum controlling capabilities helps prevent breakouts by minimizing the amount of sebum production. 
- reveals smooth and soft skin so you won't need to use concealer

This product is very weird because it markets itself as a essence yet its not liquid instead it is a gel texture. The gel is white and has little blue beads that pop when you massage into the skin, its suppose to deliver antioxidants to your skin. The scent isn't really something I find pleasant, but I can look past that. I've only been using it for a couple of days because it has a semi-heavy and sticky feel on my skin so I try not to wear it under makeup or have to wait until it completely absorbs. Does it tighten my pores? I really haven't seen a difference, as a matter of fact, my pores were VERY visible today with my foundation on for some reason. :( As I'm using this more and more I realized that now, EVERYDAY my pores on my cheeks and forehead are very very obvious. I would like to think that this isn't the one causing that, but besides this product there aren't any pore related products that I am using. *sad face* 


5. Goodal Wash up Deep Clean Pore Glacial Clay (mini size 10ml $6)

- Formulated with kaolin clay which effectively cleans out pores and improves the skin's texture.
- Kaolin clay disinfects, soothes the skin, and removes dead skin cells

I seriously need to get some good clay masks like this one. I've completely run out of the glam glow mask and origins charcoal mask. This is an interesting one for a clay mask because it doesn't try up and start flaking and cracking like mad meaning its not very drying instead it drys a bit moist and sticky. The mask is white and has little exfoliating beads in it that will act as a scrub when you massage it off after 10-15 minutes which is a plus! A multi-functional product is always good! The texture is a like a thick paste.  Also another thing I noticed is that it gets warm and heated after being applied which I have experienced with other masks. This means its really working and its forcing the oil and sebum out of its pores! This little sample pack lasted me 3 separate times so a little goes a long way. 


5 Sheet Masks- $10 (value $14.50)



SNP POP Troubled Skin Care Essence Sheet Mask- $3 
On sale $2 @ memebox

This was the first mask I used in the set and I was deeply disappointed by it. The sheet itself was very high quality cotton, thick and soaked with essence. The main ingredients in this mask is tea tree oil and it usually works on my skin, but when I slept with it, it actually made my skin dry and did nothing for my acne. Maybe this is a mask more towards preventing breakouts than healing and treating them so keep that in mind. Other than that, this mask is also 4 free- paraben, mineral oil, silicone and 


BOTANIC FARM Polar Energy Hydrogel Mask Pack (Harpagophytum Procumbens)
$5 (on sale $4 @ memebox)

This kind of hydrogel mask has been VERY VERY popular lately and I was very intrigued by it. I've never used any gel masks before except for eye patches and I think they are very similar. It has a film in the middle and gel on each side that melts? or gets absorbed into the skin. This mask is separated into 2 parts: top and bottom so you have to apply them separately on the face. This was the hardest part for me because I almost dropped the pieces into my sink!! The mask was transparent but had a lot of gold shimmers in it, I was very intrigued!! The mask felt so luxurious when I put it on, but the only thing is this gel is particularly stiff. I think a better quality gel mask would be softer and more able to mold onto the face and lay on better. For this mask, I had trouble keeping the bottom half on because it kept wanting to slip right off even when I was laying flat on my bed. I didn't see much whitening with this mask, but it did hydrate my skin so I will keep looking out for hydrogel masks on the market! (Let me know your opinion on hydrogel masks~)


MISSHA Pure Source Sheet Mask Tea Tree $2 @ memebox

Missha is a very popular brand of korean makeup, but I have never tried their skincare at all. Even with their makeup I had only tried the infamous Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream which had mineral oil and broke me out severely!!! I'm not super excited to try this because I think Missha as an overall brand is just okay. There's not much to say about this, I can already tell the cotton quality will be decent and the mask won't really do much for my skin so I'll just use it when I need to fill up time and want to put a mask on. 


BOTANIC FARM Natural Energy Mask Sheet- Sea Mustard $2 @ memebox

This mask is also from Botanic Farm which I think by now is a decent korean brand. I've never tried a sea mustard mask before so I'm interested in what this will do for my skin. I haven't tried it as of yet so I'll come back and do an update soon.


LEADERS Teatree Relaxing Renewal Mask $2.50 
On sale $2 @ memebox

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you my holy grail brand of masks. This is the KING OF ALL KINGS, THE BEST OF ALL KOREAN MASKS. Leader's Insolution has never failed me! This teatree mask not only treats acne but also calms and soothes them at the same time. This is a great mask to treat and prevent acne. The Leader Insolution brand has so many more lines dedicated towards acne, sensitive, dry and dull skin. I have tried many of their masks and their quality is always consistent. If you were to make a purchase, please do on Imomoko (that's where you can get it for the cheapest). I recommend this teatree one and also AC Amino Acid, Brightening and also the Coconut Gel Line (also can be found on memebox website).

Value of Box- $78.50
Paid- $45.00

Conclusion:
I've been enjoying every product in the box so far. I think my favorites are the trouble patches, the clay, mask, and the toner. I love that I got mostly full size products and a small sample of the Goodal clay mask. This box was definitely worth the $45 because it packs in a full skin care regime in a box for people struggling from acne (cleanser, toner, spot treatment, essence, mask). Five products for $45 is a good deal. Unfortunately, these boxes go really fast until Memebox restocks or brings them back due to popular demand. Otherwise, you can find these products on their website for discounted prices and free shipping for purchases $30+. 

Thanks for reading my review! Let me know if you've tried Memebox or any of these products and leave your opinions below~~ 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete