Thursday, April 12, 2012

[REVIEW] Badger SPF 15 Lip Balm Stick


I absolutely adore the brand badger due to its promise to use only natural ingredients.  I did a review on one of their sunscreens before; I am not excited or disappointed about the sunscreen. It’s an okay sunscreen for everyday use, you just gotta blend blend blend well.  

I am a person that never really takes care my lips. Until one day I was going out with my friends, and they all carried lip balms with them.  And that’s when I realized I need a lip balm that I could carry outside with me.  So I decided to pick up the badger spf 15 unscented lip balm.  I mean since i need a lip balm why not buy one that has spf in it. But i was pretty disappointed about this product :/

BRAND/PRODUCT: Badger SPF 15 Unscented Lip Balm Stick

PRICE & AMOUNT: $3.49/.15 oz

SPF LEVEL: SPF15

ORGANIC & CRUELTY FREE:YES!

INGREDIENTS:
Active Sunscreen Ingredient: Non-Nano, Uncoated Zinc Oxide 11%
Other Ingredients: *Olea Europaea (Extra Virgin Olive) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil,* Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, *Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), and CO2 Extract of *Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn).
* = Certified Organic


PACKAGING: Typical lip balm twist up tube

TASTE/SMELL:
Taste and smell like ZINC OXIDE! Strong herbal/zinc oxide scent.  But when you applied this to your lips, the scent is not noticeable.

APPLICATION/TEXTURE:

Just my SMEXY lips!
my lips with lipbalm
after rubbing with my finger
Everytime when I applied this lip balm to my lips, it left a white coating on my lips even with a thin application.  Then I tried to rub the products in with my finger, but it still left a white cast on my lips. 

PERFORMANCE:


white coating sinks into lines on my lip
can you see it?
I have a really funny story to tell. I applied this lip balm before going to school. Then my lips felt a little bit dry, so I reapplied again after I got to school.  Then I went to one of my classes, and this boy stared at me and asked me if i was sick. I was like: “What? Why?” Then he was pointing to my lips. So I ran to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, I realized how noticeable the white cast was on my lips that it made me looked sick. And the weird thing was that the white coating somehow sinks into lines on my lips making me looked like I have dry chapped lips.  I guess this is more of a sunscreen for our lips, it will provide you sun protection, but i would definitely not consider this as a lip balm that will moisturize our lips.
WHERE TO PURCHASE:
RATING: 2/5 BAD

No comments:

Post a Comment