Monday, January 23, 2012

[REVIEW] Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum




Just as promised!! Review#1 coming at you ;) Have a wonderful Lunar New Year



  I recently went to my local Duane Reade and found this in the physicians formula display and it had one of those manufacturer coupons that you feel off on the product and it was a save $3 coupon so from $10.45 it was now $7.45 so I thought it was a steal and had to get it!!! I've heard good and bad reviews on it and felt iffy about buying this all along but for $7.45 I couldn't pass on it so I decided to buy it. 

Physicians Formula?
Physicians Formula is one of the more expensive brands in the drugstores where most of their makeup is natural and organic so that means free from talc, paraben and other harmful chemicals. Physicians Formula was all the hype when they came out with the set of three stackable gel eyeliners fit for your eye color.


First Impressions:
- hard to open pen eyeliner
- hard to close
- thin brush tip
- watery formula



TOP: thicker swatch with multiple layers  BOTTOM: thinner swatch with one layer, less opaque




LEFT: 2 layers of P.F.  RIGHT: 2 layers of L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Pros:
- precise thin lines
- fast efficient application
- travel friendly
- tight closure so it wont dry out quickly

Cons:
- watery formula
- one layer is too sheer
- ultra black is not black enough
- dries to a sticky finish
- cannot reapply after dried or it will rub off
- tip of brush takes time to get more product have to continuously shake the pen.
- IRRITATED MY EYES

I am extremely unsatisfied with my purchase. It did not live up to my expectations and it wasn't as great as what other people said it was. Overall, an okay eyeliner with a good brush tip and precise lines. I used it for a few hours for the last two days and it started irritating my eyes after I took it off. My eyes have been red and itchy ever since. I've heard people say it irritated their eyes so I guess its true then.... I will be returning this for a refund as soon as possible.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment